The ancient houses of Tovazza seem to be proud of their millenarian origins: they're mentioned in 862 among the properties of Saint Columba Monastery of Bobbio (Pc). Near Tovazza, there's Pradelle, perfect for people who love nature and quiet.
Two typical little villages are Ossenisio and Perduco. Ossenisio is on a hill facing the valley of Tidone river; Perduco is mentioned in Bobbio documents in 862, where you can read about an ancient fortress and a plebs (ancient church) dedicated to St. Antony. Perduco is a place where time seems stopped, with old houses with their ancient bread ovens, little roads, deep caves not entirely explored.
San Silverio is the ancient "Sancti Severi" mentioned in a Bobbio's bishop document in XIV century, where's mentioned an hospital.
Between Zavattarello and Pietragavina, towards Varzi, there's Rossone, on a sunny hill about 750 m high.
Le Moline, near Zavattarello towards Valtidone artificial Lake, is the most historical hamlet, with the Scolopi tower, the old monastery and the typical mills, which gives the village its name ("Moline" derives from "mulino", that's the italian word for "mill").
Every hamlet except one has its church, mainly known with the name "oratorio". Among them, there are little masterpieces.
S. Silverio's oratory is one of the most ancient churches, known from a document dated 17th february 1486 written by layer Bertola Gazzotti.
At the end of XVI century, Perduco's oratory was dedicated to St. Antonino: it's mentioned in a bishop document in 1597.
Pradelle's oratory was built in 1870, with the elementary school nearby.
Crociglia's oratory is dedicated to St. Domenico. We don't know the date of built: the first sure mention is an inventory of the 8th march 1788.
St. Michaels oratory in Tovazza is mentioned in a document dated 23rd may 1848, but we don't know the date of built.
St. Martin oratory in Moline has a stone altar in its little navy. In1927 was built a little tower for the bell, which was on the roof of a private room nearby.
In 1858 was builtSt. Stephen oratory in Cascine, autorized by Tortona's bishop to celebrate the holy mass in three particular days, 26th may, 17th january and 8th december, because the inhabitants of the little village were saved from cholera.